Of course, the decision of whether or not to work for ELAN is a personal one. However, if you're looking for a supportive and collaborative work environment, a commitment to professional development, and a focus on positive pupil outcomes, then ELAN would be a great place for you.
Here are some of the reasons why.
• We have a strong set of values, which are built upon collaboration, integrity, respect, innovation, and a commitment to providing an extraordinary education for all pupils. It's important to make sure that your own values align with ELAN's values before you apply for a job.
• We have high expectations and aspirations for all of our children. Nurturing high aspirations in children is crucial for their growth and development, but it's equally important to ensure those aspirations are grounded in reality. We help our children to learn about themselves and their potential; overcoming setbacks and challenges. We want all of our children to access an extraordinary education because we all care.
• Team and community are paramount to everything that makes our schools function well. Our shared purpose and strong focus on collaboration and mutual support means that you'll have access to a wide network of colleagues who can offer guidance and support, both professionally and personally. Teamwork distributes the workload, making tasks less daunting and deadlines more achievable. We believe that diverse viewpoints lead to a wider range of solutions and creative approaches to challenges. Your knowledge, voice and experience will be welcomed into the team's melting pot of ideas.
• Working with children in an ELAN school means building strong relationships with families, colleagues, and other community members promoting a sense of collaboration and shared responsibility for the wellbeing of children.
• We are looking for people with a wide range of skills and experience. However, regardless of the role you are interested in, there are a few particularly important things, such as a commitment to working with children and young people, excellent communication skills, and a strong work ethic. Show our children that you have high aspirations for yourself and are willing to work hard to achieve them.
• If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career, then ELAN could be a great place for you. However, it's important to be realistic about your expectations. Working in education can be demanding, and it's not for everyone.
Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset
21st February 2024
Bournville Primary School
KS2. Permanent, full time. TMS/UPS Bournville Primary School, Weston-super-Mare Make a difference where it matters most. Are you a teacher with a passion for going beyond the ordi ...
21st February 2024
Windwhistle Primary School
Part Time, Term Time
Lunchtime Supervisors at Windwhistle Primary School Job title: Lunchtime Supervisors Hours per week: 6 hours and 40 minutes Contract details: Permanent Pay grade and Actual Salary ...
9th February 2024
Windwhistle Primary School
£30,000 - £46,525 TMS/UPS
KS2 – Year 6 Full time, 32.5 hours per week. Permanent Pay grade: TMS/UPS Actual salary: £30,000 - £46,525 Start date: As soon as possible – 1 September 2024 at the latest It take ...
Each school in our trust is different with its own culture and story, therefore it is hard to put into words what it is like working in an ELAN school. What you will find that runs through all of our schools is the support, warmth, dedication and good humour of our staff, all of which helps us to enjoy the good days and lighten the more challenging days. You will also find a holistic approach to education reinforcing our aim to provide children with the tools to become well-rounded individuals who are not only academically competent but also emotionally intelligent, socially responsible, and actively engaged in the world around them. This holistic approach isn’t a ‘one-size fits all’ approach but about adapting to the individual needs of each individual and community. By embracing these principles, we can create an educational environment that truly promotes the complete development of every child.
Our schools are an established working group with a shared ethos and a history and culture of collaboration and collaborative development that has grown and evolved over the last 10+ years and continues to do so. This work has been key in the development of:
Our schools are all committed to taking full advantage of the opportunities that working in a collaborative multi academy trust presents, extending the capacity, sustainability and ability of the group to deliver an extraordinary education, experiences and outcomes for all young people.
Welcome to ELAN
To join ELAN is to join a community of extraordinary teachers, classroom assistants, administrators, leaders and support workers across our schools. We put professional development at the centre of our work, offering a programme of ongoing training, mentoring and support for all staff as well as a range of benefits and generous pension suited to you. The staff in our schools and our central team drive improvement day-to-day. Our people want to make a real difference in the lives of the children they work with and are committed to their own continuing professional development.
There is not one school or trust in the country that does not want to do the best for its pupils. Our determination to be child-centred, to have high expectations and aspirations for our pupils and to provide the best teaching and learning experiences is not unique to ELAN.
So, what makes our education extraordinary? Fundamentally, it is not what we do but how we do it: we do the right thing - together. Everything we say and do is led by our core values. This creates the perfect culture/environment for every unique child to be the best they can be, every day.
We believe that involving, developing, valuing and supporting our staff encourages a sense of belonging to our organisation. We always strive to ensure every school within our trust develops its uniqueness whilst ensuring that they are strongly part of the whole. This provides staff with a sense of belonging both at school and trust level.
Help us; to educate, inspire and change young lives and develop inquiring minds. Get in touch with us today.
ELAN are a thriving multi-academy trust, serving a range of communities in and around Weston-super-Mare. Our schools are all unique, but are united by a passionate belief in the transformative power of education and a set of shared values - working together to embrace individuality and always do the right thing.
Our journey began in October 2017 with five founding schools. We were quickly joined by three more with our ninth joining us in February 2023; in addition to our preschools and specialist hubs.
Helped by our tight geographical connection, we understand our community and demographic very well. We are able to meet weekly as an advisory group of headteachers and central leads to work together and make decisions, rather than working in isolation. This creates more opportunities for our pupils and staff and greatly supports the drive for continuous school improvement.
Our specialist and subject networks are able to meet in person to develop and maintain best practice. Our professional development, research and innovation brings the best thinking and drives evidence-based practice and school improvement to the trust.
A popular, Victorian seaside town with miles of golden sand, not far from the M5, Weston-super-Mare is the gateway to the south-west of England and very well situated to access Wales and the north and south-east of the UK.
In spite of its qualities and growing popularity, North Somerset is a cost-effective location to live. Housing options in North Somerset range from idyllic detached mansions in Abbots Leigh to terraced Victorian and Edwardian town houses in Weston-super-Mare and Clevedon, with smart new waterside apartments in Portishead. North Somerset has a diverse range of vibrant market and coastal towns offering something for everyone.
There’s a huge variety of events throughout the year, from fun runs, half marathons and motorcycle beach races to music, arts and food festivals and agricultural shows.
North Somerset has over 24 miles of attractive coastline and charming countryside including parts of the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Forest of Avon and the Somerset Levels and Moors. There are plenty of opportunities for experiencing outdoor activities including sailing, kite surfing, climbing, pot-holing, off road cycling and mountain biking, golf, fishing, swimming and lots of scenic walking routes.
We are always looking to find the best talent in education to join us; creative, innovative people who share our vision and values.
We employ individuals who want to make a real difference to the lives of the children they work with and who are committed to their own continuing professional development. We're seeking people who are outstanding teachers, classroom assistants, administrators, leaders and support workers across our schools.
The staff in our schools drive improvement day-to-day, that's why we invest in both staff wellbeing and career opportunities.
If we do not currently have an open opportunity to suit you, but you share our vision and values and can bring the talent and experience we’re looking for, please complete the simple Talent Pool form.
Please state what kind of role you are looking for so that we can send you job details as they arise.